Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT) Program
Since 2006, the Duffy Health Center has been a regional leader in providing an integrated approach to treating opioid addiction in an outpatient setting. Our MAT Program provides medical treatment, nursing management and concurrent behavioral health services for over 1,300 clients. Our MAT Program includes:
- Medical and medication management
- Group therapy
- Close regular medical monitoring and nursing counseling
Supporting the Journey
Staff treat, educate and address related conditions such as depression and smoking, and involve each person in developing a plan of care. Our goals for this program include:
- Achieving improved health outcomes for patients
- Transforming traditional medical practice to an interdisciplinary care model
- Encouraging patients to be active participants in their health care
Call (508) 771–9599 for an appointment to discuss Medication Assisted Treatment.
If you are considering starting treatment for an opioid use disorder, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration offers helpful resources to assist you in your decision. You can access them here.
Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT) Program for Teens
Duffy's Teen MAT Program combines medication treatment with counseling and behavioral therapies for patients between ages 16 and 24. It is the only one of its kind on Cape Cod.
Our MAT team includes physicians, nurses, medical assistants, case managers, and counselors. The program offers:
- Primary care
- Medication management
- Group and individual counseling
- Monitoring by physicians and nurses
- Hepatitis C treatment
- Services for pregnant women
Supporting the Journey
Medication for addiction treatment options help patients maintain a normal life while reducing the side effects of withdrawal and curbing cravings that can lead to relapse. MAT allows teens to regain hope for the future within a community of support. The MAT approach has been shown to:
- Improve patient survival
- Increase ability to stay in treatment
- Decrease illegal opioid use and activity
- Increase patients' ability to complete school and hold jobs
- Improve birth outcomes among pregnant women with substance abuse disorders
Call (508) 771-9599, ext. 281 to find out about enrollment into and eligibility for Duffy's MAT Program for Teens.
For more resources related to substance use disorders and teens, visit My Choice Matters, a program of Barnstable County Human Services.