Primary, Preventative and Episodic Medical Care
Improving the Physical Well Being of Individuals across Cape Cod
Last year, Duffy medical staff cared for more than 3,300 individuals with a total encounter rate reaching over 30,000 visits. This rate reflects the intensity of integrated medical, mental health and substance abuse services and case management support that our clients receive so that they can reach their goals.
Duffy Health Center also provides outreach medical care at St. Joseph's House, a shelter for single adults.
- Primary, preventative and episodic medical care
- Referrals to specialists
- Nutritional education and counseling
- HIV/Hepatitis C screening and prevention education
- Volunteer chiropractic services and other complementary services
- Support Groups
Diabetes and Chronic Disease Program
Chronic diseases can be life-threatening if not properly managed. Homeless individuals, or those at risk, have a higher chance of experiencing complications from chronic illness. To ensure the best outcomes for our patients, Duffy Health Center has implemented evidence-based practices developed in collaboration with state and federal practice guidelines.
Supporting the Journey
Staff treat, educate and address related conditions such as depression and smoking, and involve each person in developing a plan of care. Our goals for this program include:
- Achieving improved health outcomes for patients
- Transforming traditional medical practice to an interdisciplinary care model
- Encouraging patients to be active participants in their health care
Call (508) 771–9599 for a medical appointment.
Humbled & Inspired
“I've been working at Duffy for more than 15 years and what has remained unchanged is the compassionate hands-on care that we provide to our patients every day.”